Rather D1 then D2

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Fri Sep 21 21:07:57 UTC 2018

On Friday, September 21, 2018 2:33:01 PM MDT new via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> hi,
> is it possible to get a bug fixed x64 compiling D1?
> I don't want to start some rant, but i don't like D2. D1 is
> compact and not so overloaded with funny attributes.

Official support of D1 was dropped nearly 6 years ago:

https://forum.dlang.org/post/
afjlgjcftngzannrhtuf at dfeed.kimsufi.thecybershadow.net

So, there will be no more official fixes or releases for D1. If you can find
someone willing to fix a D1 bug for you (or fix it yourself) in your own
fork, then it can certainly be fixed, but that's pretty much the only way
it's going to be fixed.

The sad truth is that if you really do want to continue to use D1, you're
going to have to maintain it yourself or find a group of people willing to
do so; otherwise eventually, the language and its libraries are going to
become unusable due to a lack of maintenance. So, I fully expect that at
some point here, you're going to have to switch to a different language.
Whether that's D2 is up to you, but D1 is not maintained and is not going to
be.

- Jonathan M Davis