Updating D beyond Unicode 2.0

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Sat Sep 22 00:40:54 UTC 2018

On Friday, 21 September 2018 at 23:17:42 UTC, Seb wrote:
> A: Wait. Using emojis as identifiers is not a good idea?
> B: Yes.
> A: But the cool kids are doing it:

The C11 spec says that emoji should be allowed in identifiers
(ISO publication N1570 page 504/522), so it's not just the cool
kids.

I'm not in favor of emoji in identifiers.

> In all seriousness I hate it when someone thought its funny to
> use the lambda symbol as an identifier and I have to copy that
> symbol whenever I want to use it because there's no convenient
> way to type it.

It's supported because λ is a letter in a language spoken by
thirteen million people. I mean, would you want to have to name a
variable "lumиnosиty" because someone got annoyed at people using
"i" as a variable name?