Rather D1 then D2

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Sun Sep 23 17:33:56 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 23 September 2018 at 13:55:02 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:
> AFAIK if you port D1 code the only problem is with
> immutable(char)[] instead of string, and the only thing to know
> is that immutable(T) and T implicitely convert to const(T).

A lot of D1 code was 32-bit only, so there will be tons of uint
instead of size_t.

Implicit string concatenation was also a thing. I tried porting
Jarrett Billingsley's Croc (aka MiniD) to D2, and that was the
most common issue I encountered.

> A lot of things are objectively better like build systems,
> ecosystems, stability, meta-programming, CTFE, OPTLINK,
> Phobos...

Most of the D1 ecosystem died with dsource.org, yes.

D1 code doesn't have a modern Phobos, but it does have Tango
available, which might help.