Updating D beyond Unicode 2.0

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 10:19:31 UTC 2018

On Monday, 24 September 2018 at 01:32:38 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> D the language is well suited to the development of Unicode
> apps. D source code is another matter.

But in the article you specifically talk about the use of Unicode
in the context of source code instead of apps:

"With the D programming language, we continuously run up against
the problem that ASCII has reached its expressivity limits."

"There are the chevrons « and » which serve as another set of
brackets to lighten the overburdened ambiguities of ( ). There
are the dot-product and cross-product characters · and × which
would make lovely infix operator tokens for math libraries. The
greek letters would be great for math variable names."