Updating D beyond Unicode 2.0

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 14:34:21 UTC 2018

On 9/24/18 10:14 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Monday, 24 September 2018 at 13:26:14 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> Part of the reason, which I haven't read here yet, is that all the
>> keywords are in English.
>
> Eh, those are kinda opaque sequences anyway, since the meanings aren't
> quite what the normal dictionary definition is anyway. Look up "int" in
> the dictionary... or "void", or even "string". They are just a handful
> of magic sequences we learn with the programming language. (And in
> languages like Rust, "fn", lol.)

Well, even on top of that, the standard library is full of English words
that read very coherently when used together (if you understand English).

I can't imagine a long chain of English algorithms with some Chinese one
pasted in the middle looks very good :) I suppose you could alias them
all...

-Steve