Updating D beyond Unicode 2.0

FeepingCreature feepingcreature at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 09:28:33 UTC 2018

On Friday, 21 September 2018 at 23:17:42 UTC, Seb wrote:
> In all seriousness I hate it when someone thought its funny to
> use the lambda symbol as an identifier and I have to copy that
> symbol whenever I want to use it because there's no convenient
> way to type it.
> (This is already supported in D.)

I just want to chime in that I've definitely used greek letters
in "ordinary" code - it's handy when writing math and feeling
lazy.

Note that on Linux, with a simple configuration tweak (Windows
key mapped to Compose, and
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/zkat/6718053/raw/4535a2e2a988aa90937a69dbb8f10eb6a43b4010/.XCompose ), you can for instance type "<windows key> l a m" to make the lambda symbol, or other greek letters very easily.