Updating D beyond Unicode 2.0

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:01:04 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 26 September 2018 at 07:37:28 UTC, Shachar Shemesh
wrote:
> The other type of answer is "it's being done in the real
> world". If it's in active use in the real world, it might make
> sense to support it, even if we can agree that the design is
> not optimal.
>
> Shachar

Two years ago, I taked part in implementing a commerical game. It
was made in C# (Unity) but I don't think that matters, since D
would have faced the same thing, were it used.

Anyway, the game has three characters with completely different
abilites. The abilites were unique enough that it made sense to
name some functions after the characters. One of the characters
really has a non-ASCII character in his name, and that meant
naming him differently in the code.