Updating D beyond Unicode 2.0

aliak something at something.com
Thu Sep 27 13:38:49 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 27 September 2018 at 08:16:00 UTC, Shachar Shemesh
wrote:
> On 27/09/18 10:35, aliak wrote:
>> Here's an example from this years spring semester and NTNU
>> (norwegian uni):
>> http://folk.ntnu.no/frh/grprog/eksempel/eks_20.cpp
>>
>> ... That's the basic programming course. Whether the professor
>> would use that I guess would depend on ratio of
>> English/non-English speakers. But it's there nonetheless.
>
> I'm sorry I keep bringing this up, but context is really
> important here.
>
> The program you link to has non-ASCII in the comments and in
> the literals, but not in the identifiers. Nobody is opposed to
> having those.
>
> Shachar

The point was that being able to use non-English in code is
demonstrably both helpful and useful to people. Norwegian happens
to be easily anglicize-able. I've already linked to non ascii
code versions in a previous post if you want that too.