Quick C bindings

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 16:44:31 UTC 2018

On Friday, 28 September 2018 at 16:39:14 UTC, Márcio Martins
wrote:
> I would like to generate decent D bindings for
> https://github.com/libuv/libuv with as little pain as possible.

I just write bindings by hand as I need them, in the file where I
want to use them. It isn't really that hard to do for most C libs
and doing one function at a time feels not like much more work
than actually using the lib.

BTW I think libuv is already binded
http://code.dlang.org/packages/libuv

> What is the state of shared libraries on the various
> platforms/compilers? I remember they were not supported
> everywhere and by all compilers, as this been addressed?

What, exactly do you want to do with them? Using them is
well-supported, but creating them is more iffy.