DIP 1014

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 04:34:20 UTC 2018

Who knows about DIP 1014? (struct move hook)
Is it well received? Is it likely to be accepted soon?

I'm working on the std::string binding, it's almost finished... but
then I hit a brick wall.
GNU's std::string implementation stores an interior pointer! >_<

No other implementation does this. It's a really bad implementation
actually, quite inefficient. It could make better use of its space for
small-strings if it wasn't wasting 8-bytes for an interior pointer to
a small string buffer...

Anyway, I'm blocked until this DIP is accepted; so, is it looking promising?