rdmd problem

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Mon Apr 1 11:23:17 UTC 2019

On Monday, 1 April 2019 at 11:10:06 UTC, Comrad wrote:
> I have a strange problem with rdmd:
>> cat test.d
> #!/usr/bin/env rdmd -version=test
> import std.stdio;
> void main()
> {
>     writeln("Hello, world with automated script running!");
> }
>
> --------------------
> This hangs, but if I remove compile options it does work.
> Overall it doesn't work with any compiler options.
>
>> dmd --version
> DMD64 D Compiler v2.085.0
> Copyright (C) 1999-2019 by The D Language Foundation, All
> Rights Reserved written by Walter Bright
>
>> lsb_release -a
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> Release:        14.04
> Codename:       trusty
>
>> gcc --version
> gcc (Ubuntu 4.9.4-2ubuntu1~14.04.1) 4.9.4
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
> There is NO
> warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
> PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

I am not sure wheter compiler arguments works at the shebang
line. If it works there might be the issue, that the file is
passed first to rdmd and then the compiler argument. Arguments
after the file name are handled as application arguments and
passed to the application.

What definitely works is using dub and single package file
https://dub.pm/advanced_usage
You can define the versions in the json/sdl section.

Kind regards
Andre