Linker can't link functions from advapi

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 21:10:20 UTC 2019

On Monday, 1 April 2019 at 15:10:20 UTC, Deen O'Connor wrote:
> On Monday, 1 April 2019 at 14:04:35 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> You shouldn't need to convert it for the MS linker. The proper
>> 32- and 64-bit COFF format libs should have been installed
>> with VS 17.
>
>  I know, but if i don't set the .lib file for the linker, it
> tells me it doesn't know those functions.

Right. That’s how the compile-link model works. While it would be
possible to add a lib pragma to every system module in DRuntime
so that the appropriate library is automatically linked when the
module is imported, that’s not currently the case. So you do have
to provide them to the linker.

When using Optlink, some commonly system libs are automatically
linked, like kernel32 for example, but not when using the MS
linker.