`ref T` should be a type!!

Rubn where at is.this
Mon Apr 1 23:37:56 UTC 2019

On Monday, 1 April 2019 at 11:09:01 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> If I may, I once talked to a Ferrari mechanic. He said that
> most engines inside, where customers didn't see the innards,
> were sloppily made. But that the Ferrari engine was a thing of
> beauty inside and a joy to work on. Ironically, Ferraris are
> also known for cheap, poorly done cab interiors. An unusual
> focus for a car company :-) but one that appeals to my inner
> engineer. The engine in my Dodge was built the same way, it's
> blueprinted with all top quality parts inside it, but the
> outside is plain jane, no chrome parts, no dress-up, etc.

So your mechanic friend is comparing hand-built and individually
tuned super-sport performance Ferraris to mass produced
production-line commuter cars? When you don't have to focus on
practicality with an inflated price tag you aren't limited with
how you design your vehicle. You will be overpaying for
maintenance costs though.

I really doubt your Dodge engine was built the same way as a
Ferrari's was unless maybe you are driving around a Dodge Viper.
Please tell me your not one of those people that drive around a
truck. American brand vehicles (yes not only cars) aren't well
known for their reliability either.