Generality creep

bachmeier no at spam.net
Tue Apr 2 13:16:12 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 2 April 2019 at 12:39:12 UTC, Rose wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 April 2019 at 11:15:42 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 2 April 2019 at 08:26:34 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> Actually, Andrei and I simply assumed this was obvious.
>>> Obviously, it wasn't.
>>
>> Maybe he should adapt it into a D blog post?
>
> For now on reddit.
> https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/b8igay/great_work_is_the_cure_for_good_work/

It's not unusual for a programmer to have strong opinions about
programming. While Andrei's actions will have an impact on our
community (and I was critical of some of the things he's done
earlier in the thread) I don't think there's anything
particularly newsworthy about this thread. I've seen nothing to
suggest he's unhinged or anything other than frustrated.