Forum is broken

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 18:52:43 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 31 March 2019 at 20:45:13 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> I do not know wheter newsgroup/mailing list access is also
> affected but posting on forum does only work on 10th try.
>
> It stays on connecting/validating...
>
> This might be the reason for less message postings the last
> days... which is very bad.

Hi, sorry for this.

It looks like some kind of routing error manifested between the
machine the forum is currently running on, and some machines in
the USA.

This seems to be affecting connections to the digitalmars.com
NNTP server, as well as a spam checking service (StopForumSpam).

I've disabled the spam checker two days ago and got in contact
with them to investigate this problem. To resolve the NNTP server
issues, as of now all connections to it are currently routed
through a proxy. Hopefully this should fix the posting problems
for the moment.

Please feel free to post in this thread if you encounter any more
errors while trying to use the forum.