[GSoC] Improved FlatBuffers and/or Protobuf Support ~ Binary Serialization

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Apr 4 18:27:05 UTC 2019

On 2019-04-04 18:43, Ahmet Sait wrote:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kFXDbs-LLsIW5nTIt8EZkNBq3N6vayaEw25IcuoGxgI/edit?usp=sharing
>

> Seeking some feedback, thanks in advance..!

I think "Contributing D support to the upstream repositories" might be a
hurdle. You never know how much time someone else will have to review
pull requests.

"Using D traits, UDAs and static introspection, it is possible to
generate flatbuffer accessors without a schema file"

I don't know how flatbuffer works, but are accessors necessary?

It might be interesting to specify if you have any requirements that it
should work with any of the attributes: "nothrow", "@safe", "pure",
"@nogc" and the betterC subset.

--
/Jacob Carlborg