[GSoC 2019] Interested in Baremetal D Runtime and project ideas

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 6 20:07:34 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 6 April 2019 at 18:56:42 UTC, Stefanos Baziotis
wrote:

> Unfortunately, I know too little about how the GSoC works from
> the organization-side, but
> from what I know, it should be available for potential mentors
> through the Summer of Code platform (if it's not, it is very
> unfortunate as I'm waiting 2 days :P ).
> I suppose I can send it here too, as I've seen another guy do
> it.
> In any case, this is the proposal:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B3YbjY70iVgGT7hq_16tBriLuCAUtjFR0gf0xkxmQ5c/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Any comments are welcome!

I think the Bare Metal Runtime suggestion on the GSoC ideas page
conflated a few separate projects into one.  My other post in
this thread elaborates on that.

I don't have much, if anything, to offer, as I've never
participated in GSoC or written a similar proposal.  It looks
like an awful lot of work, but I hope the project gets selected
and is a success.  I think it would be great for D in the long
run.

I'm JinShil, the author of memcpyD and some of the other projects
linked on the GSoC ideas page.  My interest is mostly in
microcontrollers and embedded systems, and I've only dabbled in
memcpy and malloc/free implementations, but you're welcome to
contact me if you have anything you'd like to discuss.

Good Luck!

Mike