does D already have too many language features ?

adam77 adamevans3217 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 09:46:06 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

I started using D as an alternative to Java, what attracted me to
D was the robust memory management (including the way arrays are
handled), and interoperability with C (specifically libraries) so
far so good, but almost every language out there (maybe with the
exception of C) seems the eschew language stability in favour of
adopting whatever the latest fad is in programming languages
features. I see on forums for a number of languages how features
like lambda's or auto properties are essential to their language
or if they are missing some feature how its a major detriment to
the language. I sometimes wonder how a Turing machine could ever
manage...

I'd be interested to hear other peoples opinion, does the
language have enough features? is it already overloaded with
features ?

Any help will be appreciated!