[GSoC 2019] Interested in Baremetal D Runtime and project ideas

Stefanos Baziotis sdi1600105 at di.uoa.gr
Mon Apr 8 12:51:55 UTC 2019

On Monday, 8 April 2019 at 02:13:30 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
> Don't worry about what's posted at GSoC ideas page.  Understand
> why converting these software building blocks to D would be
> advantageous and make the case for it in your proposal, and why
> you should be the one to do it.
>
> If it's difficult to see why converting them to D would be
> advantageous, well, that's probably my fault.  I don't know how
> else to say it.  As I mentioned previously, once the runtime
> hooks are converted to templates, it should become much more
> apparent to all without me having to advocate for it.
>
> Mike

Thanks for the stats Mike. Actually the points were pretty
self-explanatory. I had a rough
idea about 2 and thanks for the rest. I was headed in the wrong
direction because this project idea needs a proposal that answers
"why" questions and not "how/when" questions. I think you know
your insight was key in this discussion. It's an interesting
topic and given that I will have time, I will tackle it GSoC or
not so wait for further contact :). I think this thread is a good
place to report progress.