[GSOC] Persistent Data Structures detailed information

Stefanos Baziotis sdi1600105 at di.uoa.gr
Mon Apr 8 12:59:44 UTC 2019

On Monday, 8 April 2019 at 11:32:01 UTC, Jay wrote:
> Hey Stefanos, firstly thanks a lot for replying and helping out
> even though you are submitting a proposal for the same project
> :-p.

It's a team sport :)

> It hadn't even come to my notice that D does not have a
> malloc-like function for dynamic address generation.
Do you mean dynamic memory allocation?

> All I can think of as of now is interfacing c++ library in
> creating the data structure, but as it won't be the best
> solution the only option we have is implementing a <stdlib.h>
> like library. Would love to hear your any other ideas on the
> same.

Roughly this is what I meant with the creation of a
strongly-typed allocator, but not
a C++ one, rather a D one. There's a great discussion of this
here [1]
which is about another GSoC idea. Even then though, it still
doesn't
seem like a very good plan to me.

[1]
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/pvhacqomqgnhmqienfpi@forum.dlang.org