does D already have too many language features ?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Apr 8 19:35:52 UTC 2019

On 2019-04-08 13:22, Atila Neves wrote:

> It's also hard to agree on what we'd cut out even if we had the
> code-breaking chance (which we don't). I'd do away with classes and OOP,
> but to call that divisise would be an understatement.

In my opinion quite a few highly specialized features that are far less
used the can either be removed or generalized. For example,
foreach_reverse. Do we really need that built into the language? Or the
foreach range statement. The range part, i.e. 1..10, could be a literal
for a numeric range that works everywhere and not just a special syntax
that works in foreach statements and slices.

--
/Jacob Carlborg