std.traits.ParameterDefaults implementation

Meta jared771 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 01:16:18 UTC 2019

On Monday, 8 April 2019 at 18:57:59 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Is the Phobos implementation just working around compiler bugs
> that have since been fixed? Or am I missing something else in
> there?

If I had to guess, I would say it's a combination of this, as
well as the fact that this template is 7 years old:

https://github.com/dlang/phobos/commit/c8daf366230356c338f1dc3631bceca8f575e3fa

I was only starting to look into D in winter of 2012, so I don't
know if compile-time metaprogramming was very widely-used at the
time, or if the necessary idioms and best practices had developed
yet.