Binding rvalues to ref parameters redux

bitwise bitwise.pvt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 17:00:25 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 27 March 2019 at 01:38:40 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Work has been underway on redoing DIP 1016. I haven't made a
> pull request yet as it's a bit early. Looking for high-level
> observations:
>
> https://gist.github.com/andralex/e5405a5d773f07f73196c05f8339435a
>
> Thanks in advance for any feedback.

It seems very significant to me that Dlang leadership is
officially considering this idea. It would be great to have this
kind language evolution decision documented somewhere.

I suppose what I'm suggesting is some sort of language evolution
F.A.Q., roadmap, or maybe a document similar to the current
vision document, but one that outlines the entire future of D as
it's seen by leadership, instead half a year at a time.

It would be nice to have a companion document to this one [1]
that outlined the state of discussions on things like whether
__traits will ever work on private symbols, the status of scope,
ref counted classes, etc..

[1] https://dlang.org/articles/faq.html

I think I could probably find those on the forums, but the amount
of time it would take is kinda scary.

Thanks!