food for thought - swift 5 released - bottom types, string interpolation, and stuff.

aliak something at something.com
Fri Apr 12 06:20:39 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 11 April 2019 at 23:23:25 UTC, Tony wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9 April 2019 at 06:23:26 UTC, aliak wrote:
>>

>> [0] https://swift.org/blog/swift-5-released/
>
> Still, no (official at least) Windows support. Don't know if
> that is because there is no interest in broadening the usage or
> if it is considered too difficult or not worth the effort to do
> so.

 From Chris Lattner (swift/llvm creator): "I think that first
class support for Windows is a critical thing, and I doubt anyone
in the Swift community would object to it. The problem is that we
need to find someone who wants it badly enough and has the
resources/know-how to make it happen."

And the Swift for Tensorflow project that he's involved in is
also actively looking for someone to add Windows support - but
they just can't find anyone :p