Has D failed? ( unpopular opinion but I think yes )

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Fri Apr 12 10:19:10 UTC 2019

On Friday, 12 April 2019 at 09:56:48 UTC, Nierjerson wrote:
> On Friday, 12 April 2019 at 07:35:05 UTC, Tofu Kaitlyn wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Yes D has failed if the goal is wide adoption. It will never
> gain wide recognition and use because the D community fails to
> realize that it's more than just the compiler and libraries.
>
> [...]

This seems to be a quite pessimistic view based on wrong
information. There are definitely succesful companies using D for
their applications or additional tooling.

Some of these companies you can see in the list on dlang.org,
some others do just not announce which language they use, they
simply use the best language for the job, which is D.

Kind regards
Andre