food for thought - swift 5 released - bottom types, string interpolation, and stuff.

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Apr 12 11:03:21 UTC 2019

On 4/11/2019 11:14 PM, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
> But here's the problem: That's your superpower. It's enviable, it's impressive,
> but it's absolutely NOT shared by the vast majority of GOOD programmers, let
> alone rank-and-file ones.

Knowing what (x & 1) is is a superpower? What about (x + x) ?

I'll cop to knowing half the x86 hex opcodes is a tad unusual, like knowing all
the dialog to Star Trek TOS, but not (x & 1).

(Before you ask, the opcodes applies to me, the STTOS applies to at least 3
people I know.)

If you want isOdd() for your own personal library, feel free. Putting it into
Phobos, however, is not happening.