Has D failed? ( unpopular opinion but I think yes )

Tofu Kaitlyn katemmons0 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 11:11:36 UTC 2019

On Friday, 12 April 2019 at 09:56:48 UTC, Nierjerson wrote:

> Yes D has failed if the goal is wide adoption. It will never
> gain wide recognition and use because the D community fails to
> realize that it's more than just the compiler and libraries.
>
> [.....]

This post sums up a lot of my feelings towards the current state
of D. The part that stood out to me the most was the part calling
D an old language. More and more it feels like D is getting
worse, not better, feels like more half baked language features,
and almost no progress on things that matter like ease of use and
tools.