Has D failed? ( unpopular opinion but I think yes )

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Fri Apr 12 15:05:06 UTC 2019

On Friday, 12 April 2019 at 14:34:10 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Friday, 12 April 2019 at 11:52:18 UTC, Chris wrote:
>> (e.g. ARM)
>
> There's
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/download/v1.15.0/ldc2-1.15.0-linux-aarch64.tar.xz

Great stuff, seriously. But painless?

D could come very close to this too:

https://kotlinlang.org/docs/reference/native-overview.html

But imagine one day you have a great infrastructure and you can
compile to Android and iOS with a switch -android / -ios etc.
Then the D Foundation announces new features that will break old
code or "Phobos is in maintenance mode now, we are working on
Phobos2", ah and did I mention autodecode? Who wants to risk it?
You know, people have to make a living, it's not just a game of
features.