Has D failed? ( unpopular opinion but I think yes )

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Fri Apr 12 15:11:59 UTC 2019

On Friday, 12 April 2019 at 13:43:46 UTC, Chris wrote:
> 1. criticism is considered weird / unreasonable (blasphemous?),
> sure we all know that Earth is a disc

That said, I don't know a community that does it better. Any
examples?

> 2. topics are not addressed and the answers are often evasive
> and / or of a general philosophical or anecdotal nature

Shit is got done by libraries, dub should be enough for you?
That's how all big languages do it: nuget, npm, maven, uh... C
just uses tarballs, okay, but it's an exception and people
complain about it way more than you.

> 3. I've said it before: personal mistakes, wrong design
> decisions, are socialized and the whole community is "guilty"
> and has to "learn". I have a different take on leadership.

You can write a library with right design decisions and publish
it on dub.