Has D failed? ( unpopular opinion but I think yes )

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 16:31:51 UTC 2019

On Friday, 12 April 2019 at 15:58:54 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Friday, 12 April 2019 at 15:49:48 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi
> wrote:
>

>> It's time for D3.
>>
>> - Paolo
>
> The first step will be to stop saying D2 almost killed the
> language. I was not a user of the language at that time, but my
> reading is that the transition was a massive screwup. If the
> language doesn't evolve it will die.

The transition between D1 and D2 was problematic, that's true,
(but the problem was the duality between Phobos/Tango), but
happened, successfully at the end.

The transition between Python 2 and Python 3 was problematic, but
happened, and Python is flourishing...  does it worth? Being
someone who worked with Python strings / bytes in both 2 and 3,
yes, it worths!

- P