food for thought - swift 5 released - bottom types, string interpolation, and stuff.

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sat Apr 13 04:49:37 UTC 2019

On 4/12/19 7:03 AM, Walter Bright wrote:

> If you want isOdd() for your own personal library, feel free. Putting it
> into Phobos, however, is not happening.

To be clear, I'm not pushing for that. Granted, I'd have zero objection
if it did get in, and I'd even applaud it as a nice benefit for "D as a
first language" and for other less-than-expert devs. But I'm certainly
not pushing for it. I just disagree on a philosophical level with your
objection to it. That's all.