Has D failed? ( unpopular opinion but I think yes )

Tofu Kaitlyn katemmons0 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 08:28:37 UTC 2019

On Friday, 12 April 2019 at 23:33:37 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> It's up to all of us whenver we see a thread like that, to
> respond appropriately. Don't wait for someone else to.
>
> For example, whenever there's a post about D on reddit, someone
> from Rust, usually Steve Blatnick, pops up and starts talking
> about Rust.

I try to! I try to stick up for D every chance I get... but
honestly at this point it is starting to get a little
embarrassing to do so. I have been using D for 7 years and been
trying to tell people how awesome it is... but after so long and
still almost nobody is using it... it kinda makes you wonder
what's the point, why do I keep trying? Im not really good enough
to contribute to the compiler or make some fancy new library or
something.. but I love D and want people to love it too, that's
why I find it so sad D is in the place it is.

When I started using D I was in my freshman year at university,
back then it looked like D had a real chance of becoming a
replacement for C++... now I feel like D has almost no chance
compared to back then...

It just feels sad