Has D failed? ( unpopular opinion but I think yes )

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Apr 13 11:20:07 UTC 2019

Thanks Mike for writing. I have one addendum to this:

> And it may sound like a broken record, but we always need
> contributors. The bigger we get, the more we need. And there are
> never enough.

Closely related to the dearth of great contributors is the implication
that we're blocking access of others to high-impact and leadership
roles. Let me state for the record that I am not holding onto any seat,
that I had to carry some roles simply by default because nobody else
would, and that there's many more than two seats to start with, most of
which are empty because there's nobody able and willing to take them.
The folks whom I invited privately declined, thankfully save for Mike.

Regarding some posters' discontent over poor performance of the
leadership/management. Speaking only of myself, let me state for the
record that I hold absolutely no illusion of my performance as a leader
in this community. Without being dramatic I reckon I'm unfit for
leadership. (Most certainly not for lack of trying, but that doesn't
matter.) An A leader should get A+ people to follow. We don't have
enough of those.