Has D failed? ( unpopular opinion but I think yes )

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Apr 13 20:38:04 UTC 2019

On 4/13/2019 6:08 AM, Nierjerson wrote:
> I do not think think anyone is criticizing you or Walter personally or your
> capabilities in what you do. EXCEPT: You guys have to figure out how to take D
> to the next stage of growth. You guys are the leaders and so only you can do it.
> No one else can step in and say "This is how we are going to make it happen".

Actually, yes they can. There's a lot that goes on that I have no involvement
in, people just stepped up and did it. For example,

gdc
ldc
bugzilla
autotester
dub
VisualD
Dfeed (the forum software)
the website server

What doesn't work is giving Andrei & I long lists of action items. I get them
every day.

You want something to happen, step up and take a role and make it happen.