Make an all in one distribution bundle

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 14 07:42:36 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 14 April 2019 at 07:37:41 UTC, Kail wrote:

> So, can you make a software bundle which containing compiler,
> gui library,an ide, sqlite ... etc for dlang. This bundle would
> be sufficient for most users

IMO, that's a bit out of scope of the D Language Foundation and
it's current resources and priorities.  However, this is
definitely something you can do.  I encourage you to create this
package yourself, announce it at
https://forum.dlang.org/group/announce, and keep it updated
periodically.  Make some good documentation for it, make some
videos about how to use it to accomplish the things you
mentioned, and in the process, make a name for yourself.

Mike