MinGW 6.0.0 libraries for DMD

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Sun Apr 14 08:19:01 UTC 2019

Hi all,

so I just revitalized the half-dead PR from kinke [1] which
upgrades DMD's MinGW libraries to MinGW-64 6.0.0.

The bundle is now available at [2] and it would be awesome if the
people actually interested in this could give it a quick test:

1) Download the built MinGW libaries from [2]
2) Replace them with dmd2/windows/lib64/mingw and/or
dmd2/windows/lib32mscoff in your DMD Windows installation
3) Test whether everything is still working

Ideally we could get this in before the upcoming 2.086.0 beta
(about to branch off in two days), s.t. the Windows folk who were
running into problems with the older MinGW 5 libraries can use
this officially starting from May.

The PR to switch the installer/release to use MinGW 6.0.0 is
available at [3].

Disclaimer: I don't use Windows, but I do hear that people
complain about it too often.

Cheers,

Seb

[1] https://github.com/dlang/installer/pull/346