DUB - call to arms

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sun Apr 14 11:21:09 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 14 April 2019 at 10:59:29 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
> On Sunday, 14 April 2019 at 10:53:17 UTC, Seb wrote:
>> 1) Would this be sth. you would consider applying in general?
>> If not what could we do to improve this?
>
> If think DUB is completely _unsound_ and need a rewrite from
> someone versed in compilers and correctness.
>

>> 2) Would this be sth. you would consider donating to?
>
> Only if it's a rewrite.

Dub has a working eco system and a lot of developers put effort
into it. It will take years to have another solution with the
same functionality like Dub and please do not forget we still
have to maintain Dub until the new solution can replace Dub.
Could you please write the details why a correction of Dub isn't
possible and a complete rewrite is the only solution?

Kind regards
Andre