Has D failed? ( unpopular opinion but I think yes )

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Sun Apr 14 14:59:30 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 14 April 2019 at 14:41:50 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
> On Sunday, 14 April 2019 at 10:25:03 UTC, Guillaume Lathoud
> wrote:
>> Maybe there is a psychological explanation for the debate here
>> - please bear with me - just speculating:
>
> It's a lot less complicated than it sounds.
>
> Some average joes (you know who they are) with zero skin in the
> game are given the chance to talk to incredible programmers and
> have them answer in a sort of ego-tripping trance.
>
> But the only way to have them answer is to troll more or less
> subtly, and this behaviour has been going on for years.
>
> The lesson should only be that the leadership **should not have
> to listen to this whole load of non-sense** from anonymous
> low-achievers that blame their tools. And they want things that
> works well to fail with them.

Ha ha ha! Nicely put. People complain about aloofness and
arrogance and are called underachievers the leaders shouldn't
listen to. A beauty! A recipe that has worked well throughout
history.

Also, these "skin in the game" comments, I used to have a skin, a
reasonably big one, in the game, but I found out that that's what
it is for you guys, a game. A game of features, a game of having
one up on other posters, a game of shifting the blame. All I know
is that much younger languages already get the basics right or
try hard to get them right, craft and test features carefully, no
cowboy work.