Has D failed? ( unpopular opinion but I think yes )

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Mon Apr 15 12:36:43 UTC 2019

On 15.04.19 11:49, Aldo wrote:

> [Others]
> - Every time I try to read the source code of the std on github, I close
> the browser tab after 5 seconds. I'm trying to find the body of a simple
> function, and I need to find it and try to understand how it works in a
> +10000 lines source file.

Maybe modules should be smaller, but manually finding symbols really is
not why. Text search works fine. In fact, some modules have been split
now and it has actually slightly increased the inconvenience of manually
locating a symbol, because unless you know what went where, you need to
grep in multiple files instead of just opening one of the files and
doing a search there.