Why can we not use __traits across protection?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 15:05:28 UTC 2019

On Monday, 15 April 2019 at 14:55:36 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> So this is quite unintuitive. The compiler should realize here
> you are just checking protection, and forego the protection
> check on the expression.

So there was a PR pulled last week that exempts getMember from
protection checks, which solves this (finally!) and makes private
filtering a user concern for the traits now.

That is kinda cool. I got used to it the way before but this will
prolly be more convenient overall.