dub -> meson

9il ilyayaroshenko at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 01:45:26 UTC 2019

Hi all,

'DUB - call to arms' post by Seb
https://forum.dlang.org/post/unimbbqxosxcmjdhtzch@forum.dlang.org

Hope we will move other direction and extend Meson build system
with better D support and make a new Dlang registry.

Reasons to move forward with Meson:

0. Progressive and large community
1. Has clear python source code: faster to extend, easier to
maintain.
2. D+Meson already used in production: last year it is a major
build system for all of Mir and its commercial applications.
3. Meson language is super cool. It is much better than dub for
commercial projects, for large projects, for library distribution.
4. Ability to compile and configure D code with other languages
like C/C++.
5. With Meson we don't need to catch up Rust, we can do better
than Rust with fewer resources.

Best,
Ilya