`@safe` by default. What about `@pure` and `immutable` by default?

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 04:37:56 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 16 April 2019 at 04:20:56 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:

> Can you please give us a quick overview of what you're thinking
> of? Its a subject that has been thought about in the past with
> not much success.

In order for me to articulate it correctly and completely, I'd
have to basically write the DIP in this forum thread.  I'm not
prepared to do that at this time.  As I said, I still need to
think it through, even for myself.  I'd prefer to leave that
discussion for the DIP review.

At the moment, I just need to know if, for the benefit of D in
the long term, we want `pure` and/or `immutable` by default so I
can clarify the scope of the DIP.

Thanks,
Mike