food for thought - swift 5 released - bottom types, string interpolation, and stuff.

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Apr 16 16:31:39 UTC 2019

On 4/15/19 10:40 PM, Julian wrote:
> On Monday, 15 April 2019 at 23:02:34 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
>> How many flippin' times to I have point out the freaking difference
>> between knowing something, vs having it so deeply internalized it
>> ceases to be on a separate level of abstraction???
>>
>> People! Quit using this stupid "...not knowing XYZ..." strawman!!
>
> This is a forum rather than interpersonal communication, so you
> can't have noticed that everyone rolls their eyes and dismisses you
> when you make this argument. Or rather, you just did notice that,
> but you attributed the dismissal to inattention.

I've already clearly pointed out multiple times that I am NOT talking
about the case where somebody "doesn't know" something. Therefore,
counter-arguments based on "If somebody doesn't know..." have NO bearing
whatsoever.

No amount of your eye rolling, dismissing or flat out excuse-making is
ever going to change that.