DUB - call to arms

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Apr 17 08:06:13 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-04-17 at 03:48 -0400, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via
Digitalmars-d wrote:

[…]

> Oh, don't get me wrong, there's a whole BUNCH of things I'd like to
> see
> on this particular list, and that definitely includes your
> suggestion. I
> left it at "not necessarily limited to..." for good reason ;)
[…]

The problem here is that people are having lots of ideas on this email
list, but no-one is choosing to collate them into a an actual "call to
action". As ever in an ever extending email thread the energy to do
something within the D community dissipates and nothing ends up
happening.

Perhaps we should make the hack day at DConf 2019 "get something
actually moving on this" day.

Or perhaps people will continue to say stuff on very long email threads
and end up doing nothing. This is the third such thread on Dub I can
remember, the previous two ended up with no  outcomes other than lots
of opinions in very long email threads.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200