food for thought - swift 5 released - bottom types, string interpolation, and stuff.

aliak something at something.com
Wed Apr 17 08:34:27 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 17 April 2019 at 06:11:56 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> On 4/13/19 4:38 AM, Abdulhaq wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Actually, this right here is *EXTREMELY* good reason in favor
> if isOdd/etc (again, not that my intent is to get it into
> Phobos).
>
> [...]

Just to note that isOdd/isEven was not actually accepted in swift
5. isMultiple(of:) was deemed worthy enough to cover all
usecases. The initial post unfortunately maaaayyyy  have made it
seem like all were accepted because of the name of the file,
which Andrei pointed out later :o)

See the notes form the review manager and swift core team:

https://forums.swift.org/t/accepted-with-modifications-se-0225-adding-ismultiple-to-binaryinteger/15689

Cheers,
- Ali