DUB - call to arms

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Apr 17 16:18:23 UTC 2019

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 07:03:33PM +0300, drug via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 17.04.2019 18:53, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >
> > What kind of conflicts?
> >
> To be more correct I mean version constraints.

Ah, I see what you mean.  So package xyz may have, say, 10 different
versions, and each version could potentially have different dependencies
(since dependencies can change over time).  So after narrowing down to
the subset of xyz versions that satisfy the given version criteria, you
still have to decide which of the remaining versions to use, since they
may depend on other packages that are subject to other version
constraints.  So you'll need some graph algorithms to resolve these
constraints.

Interesting, I've never thought about this before.  I'll have to think
about this some more.  Thanks!

Not all rumours are as misleading as this one.