Where is D language?

solidstate1991 laszloszeremi at outlook.com
Fri Apr 19 01:16:23 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 17 April 2019 at 16:46:40 UTC, WilliamTi wrote:
> I can't wait to see D language in codingame.
> Your competitors use it already but not here. I'm not sure
> you'll get new customers right now. I'm sure you'll get them a
> few later if you add D language right now.

The issue is the lack of game engines supporting D or even
written in D. I'm working on one (PixelPerfectEngine), but it's
far from finished. I'm currently working on its editor, then I'll
fix the bugs on the sprite layer related to scaling (one is
associated with lazy horizontal scaling that causes any sprite to
scaled to 2048 pixels to cause some ugly memory leakage issues,
the other just makes sprites move glitchy when scaled and
touching the top of the screen), then finally I can implement
some scripting (QScript + my future BASIC interpreter) and work
on its custom audio engine (currently relies on SDL2_audio).