Has D failed? ( unpopular opinion but I think yes )

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Fri Apr 19 03:12:39 UTC 2019

On 4/13/19 4:28 AM, Tofu Kaitlyn wrote:

> I try to! I try to stick up for D every chance I get... but honestly at
> this point it is starting to get a little embarrassing to do so. I have
> been using D for 7 years and been trying to tell people how awesome it
> is... but after so long and still almost nobody is using it... it kinda
> makes you wonder what's the point, why do I keep trying? Im not really
> good enough to contribute to the compiler or make some fancy new library
> or something.. but I love D and want people to love it too, that's why I
> find it so sad D is in the place it is.
>
> When I started using D I was in my freshman year at university, back
> then it looked like D had a real chance of becoming a replacement for
> C++... now I feel like D has almost no chance compared to back then...
>
> It just feels sad

Welcome to the club/support group! You can grab your orientation booklet
"So you've found yourself loving a fringe language, you're not alone!"
on the table over there, refreshments are to your right, grab a chair,
the speaker will start momentarily, afterwords there will be more meet &
greet so just relax and mingle, yea. Nice ta meetcha!