Helping with __mutable (which will be renamed to __metadata)

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Apr 19 18:03:02 UTC 2019

On 4/17/19 2:04 PM, Suleyman wrote:
> It looks to me that this proposal breaks everything that purity stands
> for and I don't have a real solution to it. I'm not against breaking the
> rules when necessary I just don't see why we need a DIP for it.
>
> On Tuesday, 16 April 2019 at 20:40:58 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Those interested who can commit one hour a week to a meeting, please
>> email me. We'll exchange information via email (mailing list if
>> necessary) and meet every week to discuss progress.
>
> If you take it somewhere else CC me I want to monitor this. My email is
> sahmi.soulaimane gmail.com.

Thanks. You are the only who answered. So it's Timon (who is active but
did not answer my request about weekly meetings), my student Razvan
Nitu, Walter, and myself, with you as an observer. It seems to me that
between the lot of us we don't have a passable solution to define
__metadata in such a way that'd make it possible to implement the
simplest case of reference counting.

Of interest: https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/2627