Removing Phobos dependencies from dmd test suite

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 21:05:23 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 17 April 2019 at 09:47:58 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> For a more challenging fix,
>
>   test/runnable/test_cdcmp.d

Rewriting that to not use Phobos looks like a complete waste of
time. I suggest to simply flag the tests that require Phobos, and
provide the option to run only those tests that do not require
Phobos. I'm sure the coverage will still be good enough to
facilitate porting a functional compiler that is then capable of
building Phobos and running the rest of the tests.